Friday, October 29, 2021

Friday Fun Finish

It may be small, but for the week following our time on the road, playing "catch-up" and working on the computer and electronic "duties", I am celebrating this fun little finish.


The individual "Paper Dolls" that I made for myself to be able to "model clothes" had been put away in July unfinished.  When we decided that we would go spend some time with the grandchildren and Halloween being just around the corner I decided that I NEEDED time in my sewing room for some creative playtime.  I pulled them out along with the envelope of patterns for a variety of clothing styles.  I also pulled out some Halloween novelty scraps to create a pair of fun "seasonal" outfits.

While I was at it I found a bag that contained some fabric that had been leftover binding and decided I would finish the little gals.  They were appliqued into place and have been properly completed!  That bandana fabric was perfect for the binding.

No... this was not on my to-do list.  Yes, there are items on my list that hold a higher priority.  But sometimes a girl just has to create so that she is more productive in other areas! Nina Marie often shares some encouraging ideas to spark inspiration and creativity...   Go check her out!

Balance is key in life... of this I am a firm believer!  All work and no play... well, it isn't pretty!  And sometimes you just have to make pretty things. :)  Whether something tangible or just memories... But... then again, all play and no work can break the bank. :/

How do you keep your life in balance?

I'd love to hear from you... leave a comment!

Stay calm and keep piecing,

Melva

Linking with:

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Off The Wall Friday with Nina Marie
Brag About Your Beauties at From Bolt to Beauty
Peacock Party at Wendy’s Quilts and More
Friday Foto Fun at Powered by Quilting
Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts
Oh Scrap! at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate
Patchwork & Quilts at The Quilting Patch
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Scrap Happy Saturday at Super Scrappy
UFO Busting at Tish’s Wonderland



6 comments:

  1. YES!!! You absolutely need some playtime!! So glad you had the opportunity to sit and sew for fun--and on such an adorable project, too. The "paper dolls" look fantastic! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh those girls are darling! Shoot, I probably play too much since I'm retired, but I sure enjoy it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melva! What a fun project this has been - I was sorry that you put this away for a bit. Of course, it was necessary!! That little squirrel who gave you a nip resulted in a cute quilt. Definitely you needed the fun creativity outlet. Good job. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you got to create!! and feed the soul!! what a cute little project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Havin' fun in the sewing room! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    I really like your dolls...so cute.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete