Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Throwback Linky - September


How is it possible that it is September?  Were we just in March???


BUT, since it is a new month let's celebrate some of the quilts that were completed in previous Septembers... 

We are all so proud of our quilts as we finish them - and rightly so - but then they get gifted or just become a part of our everyday life... or *gasp* placed in a closet!

Here are a few of my September finishes from previous years...

This log cabin block was featured in the "My Favorite Block Blog Hop - September 2019


Welcome To My House blog Hop - 2018

I called this welcome wall hanging "Won't You Be My Neighbor".  It found a happy home with a sweet friend who had decided to move back to town after being gone for several years.  

In 2014 I was gifted a box of quilting things and among the contents there was an unfinished quilt... I finished the quilt, though it was smaller than the original pattern, and then returned it to the quilter who had started it.     

When she moved from Victoria, TX to Seymour, TX it was a slow process and she was unable to bring all of her belongings to her son's house, but it was one of the few things she brought with her so that she would "feel at home".  Now that she is settled in her own home, she displays it on her bedroom wall.

Rescued Stars - started by Zia Miller

So what are some of your favorite quilts finished in September of previous years?

Time for show & tell!  Link up now!

Piece happy!

Melva

Melva Loves Scraps - Home of the Pieces From The Past Sew Along
that features vintage Kansas City Star quilt blocks!

Linking with:

Mid-week Makers at Quilt Fabrication 

Wednesday Wait Loss at The Inquiring Quilter

Put Your Foot Down at For the Love of Geese

Needle & Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation

Creative Compulsions at Bijou Bead Boutique

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Off The Wall Friday with Nina Marie
Brag About Your Beauties at From Bolt to Beauty
Peacock Party at Wendy’s Quilts and More
Friday Foto Fun at Powered by Quilting
Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts
Scrap Happy Saturday at Super Scrappy
UFO Busting at Tish’s Wonderland


10 comments:

  1. Hi Melva! Yeah, just 16 years ago it was March. It almost feels like it may have been 20 years ago. Hmmm, I don't know that I recall ANY finishes in September . . . but thanks for sharing yours. I really enjoying looking at Rescued Stars - all the different stars are so pretty and I swear a few twinkled at me. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. In spite of everything, the year is flying by. Lovely quilts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the bits of RED scattered throughout these lovely projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to put the Bee happy block in the welcome quilt with the houses! Love that idea (as I have that block in process and have no clue where the other parts landed!) I agree - this year has lasted forever and we still have 4 months to go! I'll have to go see if I have any september finishes to share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling the weirdness of time during this pandemic. It crawls by daily, and speeds by monthly, at the same time. I think we're all going to remember this year for being just off-center and wonky, time-wise. I love your September quilts. I don't think of my finishes in relation to months or even years, so I have no idea what my favorite September finish is. My last quilt is usually my favorite finish. LOL None this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your September quilts are lovely! But I will be featuring Rescued Stars in this week’s Creative Compulsions.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great quilts and great memories associated with them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun to look back on quilts past! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love the log cabin quilt. The Welcome to my house blog hop quilt made me smile and the rescue stars is really interesting the way you played with color. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down. This year has flown by, Christmas is right around the corner. I'm not ready for that yet.

    ReplyDelete