I debated. I himmed and hawed. I procrastinated. I considered alternatives about how to do the border on the "Rescued Stars" quilt top.
The pattern called for what I would call a half-square triangle blended with a four-patch... I don't like small pieces. And since the finished block size was 4" it meant small!
Whenever I finish a project started by another quilter I spend some time "getting into the mind" of that quilter. I carefully sort through the fabric provided and make every effort to finish the quilt in a manner that would make them proud. In this case there were some pieces cut to the specific sizes that the pattern called for in making the border.
In the end I gave myself a pep talk yesterday afternoon and I sat down with all of the cut pieces that came in the special box. In all reality I didn't have to cut very many squares to get enough for the border.
Today, the border has been attached. The quilt sandwich made and I should be able to get it quilted tomorrow and the binding on it on Saturday.
I am glad that I took the time and effort to mess with the small pieces (I didn't even grumble that much) because the quilt looks wonderful!
I love making rescues!
UPDATE: The quilt is finished! A full day early...