Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Gone Quilting! & A No Guilt::Go Quilt Jamaican Jerk Chicken

 Last week FLEW by!  I didn't complete each of the items on last week's Tuesday To-Do list, but I did make progress.


  Finish "Papa's T-shirts" baby quilt - I will be sandwiching and quilting tomorrow

❧ Apply fusible stabilizer to the t-shirts for the graduation gift and begin the layout of the quilt top.  I have a story about the stabilizer...

  Oh, and I have a pattern test  Still testing, but I should have the top pieced by the end of today

  If I have time... I would like to "harvest" the graphics of the third set of t-shirts and get the fusible stabilizer applied to these as well.  Again... the story about the stabilizer.


We enjoyed our time away.  We had a very productive afternoon of shopping and picking up the necessary supplies to continue operations in the studio and Dave's shop and made a quick stop at our oldest daughter's house for a selfie since "we were in the neighborhood".   We snapped the picture, sent it to her in a text message, and then headed to our campsite to set up house for a few days.




Suffice it to say she thinks we are weird because we didn't let her know we were there.  The conversation on facebook was hilarious!






We took a looooooooooooong bike ride on the path from Pueblo Lake State Park to downtown - 20 miles round-trip - the next day.  


We enjoyed lunch at the Ale house on the patio and relaxed in the shade before returning.  The last two miles at a slight up hill grade was totally against our personal rules of biking... always go uphill first... meaning that the downhill grade is the last of our trip.  

However, I am proud to say that neither of us walked the hill.  Woohoo!

The next day we were a bit saddle sore, but enjoyed a leisurely walk around the campground before heading home.

Home... where we found two packages sitting on our porch.  One I had expected, the other was not anything I ordered.  But neither of them were the fusible stabilizer I had been waiting on.  

I could go on and on about how I order the stabilizer from amazon, yet it comes from walmart.com... but I won't go down that rabbit trail. lol!

There was indeed a box from walmart with a sticker on it from FedEx stating that the contents of the package had been damaged, but were contained in the box.  It was a gallon jug of molasses for plants (used in hydroponic growing systems).  The jug had leaked and was placed in a few plastic bags and sealed up.

Great... now I have to try to track down my stabilizer!  But I didn't have time that afternoon... just as well, because a few hours later FedEx arrived again and delivered a box from wallyworld with my stabilizer, undamaged and unharmed.  Whew!  

I still don't know why we got the molasses... who cares?  It went out with the trash on Monday.


All is well and I am headed to my studio to continue with last week's overly ambitious list.  I might have had all of the tasks complete if we had stayed home... but what fun would THAT have been?

But quickly, before I run off here is what I happen to have in the crockpot...  You will notice that I made a few adjustments to fall into my acceptable dietary restrictions. :)



It has been awhile since I share any No Guilt::Go Quilt recipes.  

Do you have any favorite go to recipes that free up time for you to quilt?

Please share!  I'd love to have a few more to add to my collection.

Quilt Happy!

Melva

Linking with:

What I Made Monday at Pretty Piney
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Colour & Inspiration at Clever Chameleon Quilting
To Do Tuesday at Home Sewn By Us
Mid-week Makers at Quilt Fabrication
Wednesday Wait Loss at The Inquiring Quilter
Put Your Foot Down at For the Love of Geese
Needle & Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation
Creative Compulsions at Bijou Bead Boutique



10 comments:

  1. Hi Melva! I don't think that's weird at all, taking a selfie in DD's driveway. At least she knows you are around. Holy cow - a 20 miles bike ride? That's an event in my mind, not a simple ride. Glad you enjoyed it though!! That is so funny about the molasses that you didn't even order. How nice to receive it with a hole in the container. I wonder who is missing it?! Thanks for linking up this week. I've got my two blocks finished - I just need to link them up. I took the easy way out but there's a story behind that. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must admit I’m curious about the sugar change on the Jerk Chicken. My no guilt just quilt recipe is a husband who likes to cook. He makes many of our meals. We also plan leftovers so we don’t cook every day. We've also found that meals are so big these days that we can get two meals for two out of many of them. Just throw a tossed salad together and we're good to go. Great job on the bike ride. I doubt I could have done 20 miles when I was young and definitely not now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love doing things that make our daughters roll their eyes! So much fun. The recipe looks delicious. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 20 miles! Oh my goodness my legs hurt just thinking of that! That recipe sounds good. I just pulled a chuck roast out for a french dip dinner tomorrow night - crock pot style. https://thesaltymarshmallow.com/french-dip-sandwich-instant-pot-crockpot/
    I think it is pretty funny you sent the photo of being at their house. Sounds like something my family members would do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The baby T-quilt top turned out great! Looking forward to seeing how you quilt it. What a tale of your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're making good progress! Love that selfie! I'll have to try that on someone soon. Thanks for sharing your progress on Wednesday Wait Loss

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the selfie - daughter-stirring thing, you sound like my kind of people! Well done on finishing the hill, that is not a small achievement, esp at the end of 20 miles! It's been a while since my bike and I were that friendly. Glad to hear you got your stabiliser, although it sounds a little confusing... I guess someone else is also confused somewhere. Thanks for linking up with the Chameleon's Colour & Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great bike ride!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun to visit your daughter! Love how the tshirt quilt is turning out. Thanks for sharing it on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I would have to think on the recipes but my favorite dish, 1 can of Delmonte Italian stewed tomatoes, 1 can of corn, 1 can of green beans and 1 lb of ground beef. It's really good if you also make mashed potatoes and use it like gravy. But that involves more cooking. My mom used to make this for us growing up. Hubby doesn't like it so I dont make it often but when I do I over indulge. Its quick and easy. In fact I cooked it Sunday. When we went to the grocery store Saturday he was parking and I asked if he was not going to drop me at the door since he refuses to wear a mask he doesn't go in. The nerve of him telling me he thought I needed the exercise and I wont tell you my reply. So while in the store I purchased the stewed tomatoes with green chilies and 1 can each of corn/green beans. Don't use frozen veggies for this. Any way, later we were laughing about his comment and I told him I forgive you and I am making something special for your dinner tomorrow. Now you have to know him, anything spicy or hot he does not like and will not eat. The green chilies aren't bad however too spicy for him. Pay back! Lol, thank you for linking up to Put your foot down. You made me smile with the photo outside your daughters house.

    ReplyDelete