Saturday, May 25, 2019

Scrap Dance Minuet Mystery Quilt Continues

Carole at From My Carolina Home released step four of the Minuet Mystery Quilt and I made quick work of it...  




It involved connecting the flying geese units and the light/print bricks.


The piecing of the mystery quilt is so similar to life... we don't always know what the end result of a situation will be.  We simply trust the designer of life.  In the quilting world, we trust that the designer of the quilt pattern.

In book 11 of the Patchwork Mysteries, Squared Away, the lead character reflects on a similar topic...

"Sarah thought about how life was often like a quilt.  One piece may not go exactly the way she hoped, but in the end God had a way of pulling all the disparate pieces together and creating a story that brought Him glory."

"As she studied it, she realized it was a great example of what God did in her life.  He took the beautiful things he had created, then added in scraps and pieces here and there to complete the picture.  And what he worked was always beautiful, even if it was not exactly what she had in mind.  


A smile creased her lips as she considered the quilt.  Would anyone else see the story woven into the mix of squares?  Unlikely.  But she knew.  And today that was enough."


This has become the primary purpose of my blog... to share the stories of the quilts I make.  To answer the why's of my choices... of fabric, color, patterns, etc.  And, on occasion, I answer the how's with a tutorial... or how I organize my life to allow for more quilting time with freezer meals and quick prep meals.




In just a short time the next clue of the mystery quilt will be revealed and will probably reveal whether or not my fabric choices were acceptable or not... but then again, when can you really go wrong with scrappy??? 😉



Do your quilts tell a story?  
Will your family or the recipients of your quilts know the story?  Your story?


Leave a comment and let me know how you record your stories... I'd love to hear from you!

Piece Out,

Melva

Melva Loves Scraps - Home of the Quilters Through The Generations series
Are you a member of a family of quilters?  
I would love to share your story!

Email me at MelvaLovesScraps@NolanQualityCustoms.com and let me know you are interested in being part of the series. 


Linking with:

BOMs Away at What A Hoot Quilts
Can I Get A Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts
Brag About Your Beauties at From Bolt to Beauty
Scrap Happy Saturday at Super Scrappy
UFO Busting at Tish’s Wonderland
What I Made Monday at Pretty Piney
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt

Moving It Forward Monday at Em's Scrapbag


6 comments:

  1. I keep a book where I write down the progress of each quilt I make and then when it is finished I take a picture and keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a beautiful reflection on mystery quilts. Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I see you post on Scrap Dance Minuet it reminds me that I have Scrap Dance Two-Step languishing in a bag, waiting for completion. Looking forward to seeing you quilt. You're so right -- can't go wrong with scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spy a tiny bit of ORANGE in your Scrap Dance pieces and parts. Happy stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting about the mystery! Your elements look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks look terrific... I am excited about the reveal and just know that we will all end up with a wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete