Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Bunny Patch - No Guilt::Go Quilt #7

After last week's technological challenges of our computer, web-site and anti-virus issues, I needed some serious therapy time in my studio!  I spent more time on hold and on speaker phone with tech support as the issues were resolved.  As it turned out, we had multiple issues that needed to all be resolved for everything to work properly.  

Since the resolution of all that techy stuff I was more than ready devote some serious time to a Christmas quilt that needed to get done.  But, I needed something for dinner, a crockpot meal preferably, so that I could spend the day uninterrupted at my sewing machine.  I had a few items on hand, but nothing to create a complete, cohesive meal.

After getting all of the squares cut, I pulled out my trusty recipes, including my Winter White Bean and Italian Sausage soup.



I compiled my shopping list and headed to the store to gather all of the ingredients needed to make up 18, yes, eighteen! freezer meals.  It took up the remainder of the day, but it is soooooooo worth it! 






I was finally able to spend a day in getting this little bunny patch quilt done for the newest little baby girl in the family!













This is little Harper Olivia Hopp... Isn't she just a doll?!?  

Image may contain: one or more people, people sleeping and stripes

The Bunny Patch pattern is from Quiltmaker magazine, March/April 2012.  I love the variety of "Patch Pals" they have offered over the years.  From a penguin and elephant to a monkey, lion and giraffe, as well as several others.   




Now that this little "hopper" is ready to be shipped out, and I have meals ready to go for easy meal prep, I can get on with the other Christmas items I need to get made.  These include some flannel pajama pants and a tool holder.  It shouldn't take much time... and then maybe I will put together a tutorial for the gingerbread mug rug I shared in the cookie exchange post (link below).  It goes together really fast, something you may want to add to your last minute gifts to make list. Because we all tend to do that, right?  

Would you like a tutorial for this mug rug?  Let me know by leaving a comment below...

In the baking arena, my husband and I have committed to making some sugar cookies that will be decorated by our guests on Saturday evening.  If you read my Virtual Cookie Exchange post, you know that I DON'T do rolled and cut out sugar cookies.  **shudder**  Dave thinks alcohol will be required for the  decorating of the cookies... I think that alcohol will be required in the making/baking of the cookies.  Bawhaha!

I think I am need of more therapy time!  You know where you can find me...

Sew Happy!

Melva
Melva Loves Scraps - Home of the Quilters Through The Generations series

Linking with:

Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
Moving It Forward Monday at Em's Scrap Bag
Fiber Tuesday at The Quilting Room with Mel
Linky Tuesday at Freemotion by the River
Wednesday Wait Loss at The Inquiring Quilter
Midweek Makers at Quilt Fabrication
Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts

11 comments:

  1. Wow, love your blog. Glad you are back to sewing! Yes, a tutorial would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, the bunny quilt is so cute. It will definitely get a lot attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Bunny and the cute baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I'd love a mug rug tutorial. That is one really sweet looking bunny!!! Harper is so cute! And your bean soup recipe sounds delicious and I'll be making it for sure; you had me with the frozen chopped spinach. Lots of info packed into this post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harper is so cute!!! And so is her new quilt!! Take out your tech frustrations rolling out that cookie dough :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This pixelated bunny is just so cute!! And, Harper Olivia is a little doll!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bunny quilt !
    Would like to see the tutorial for the mug rug, it's a winner !

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made me laugh several times. That bean soup is awesome! You must have an enormous crock pot to be able to make 18 freezer meals in it! I could probably make 4-6 in mine, more if my 6 ft. tall son isn't eating. =) Thanks so much for a look at the adorable bunny quilt, and it's even more adorable recipient. She is just a blessed bundle, and that bow is the best! I can see she needs the bunny quilt, though. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable little bunny quilt Melva! And thanks for sharing the recipe - a perfect winter soup.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cutie pie! That quilt is so perfect for her! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the bunny quilt. Harper is so cute.

    ReplyDelete