I made pretty good progress in my list of projects to have ready for the upcoming Farmer's Market.
And then I got the call from the repair shop. There was a need to replace a part, a pulse motor, but the part was on back-order and it would be a month before it was in. **sigh**
I asked about continuing to use it and just making the proper adjustment in the tension, would it cause further damage? "No." I picked up my Serenade and was excited to finish the Harley Davidson t-shirt quilt that I had ready.
I had planned on doing just straight-line quilting, nothing fancy, so I adjusted the tension and started in. I watched every line carefully, checking the back of the quilt for any indication that the adjustment wasn't correct... I came to the end of the day and felt satisfied that I was making progress. Then I sat down a few days later and started again... I adjusted the tension, and watched carefully the first few lines of stitching again... all was good. Go for it! I continued on stitching line after line... and and felt accomplished when I finished....
And then I looked at the back. **sigh** The stitching had gotten progressively worse with off-set, loose stitches... **hangs head** Ugh!
THIS was unacceptable and the bad stitching HAD to come out... So I sat and picked some stitches... Lesson learned.
I moving on with a different plan... The Harley quilt is hanging in the closet until the Babylock is fixed properly. So, as I wait for the replacement part I will pull out the Brother and work on a quilt that I have had on my "bucket list" for some time. I will be using up most of the old jeans that I have had in a box under my cutting table for this...
Lesson learned... pay attention! Happy quilting!