Monday, June 15, 2015

Getting Past the Distractions

Last week I set the dates for my days at the Trinidad Farmer's Market... July 4th & September 12


So... it is time to begin building up my inventory.  Already, I have made a few therapeutic rice bags (that can be heated in the microwave or placed in the freezer like an ice pack) as well as some microwave potato baker bags that can be used for much more than just baked potatoes.

And currently up on my design wall is a Harley Davidson quilt!


I don't have an overly busy week with errands, appointments and such, so getting this done quickly should not be a problem... 


The problem is...



I have the burning desire to whip up a few of these really cute and fun chicken pincushions!  They are small and should come together really quickly as well...

The last time I was distracted from what I "should have" been doing I made this...


I have never had a love or need for pincushions... until recently when I found a tutorial about making the adorable little tea cup pincushions.  While digging through a box of passed along fabric I came across this suede-like fabric that  I decided to use to give the look of a fancy latte.  I love it!

So, I will sign off for now and go make my little hen and then get busy sewing items to sell at the market. 

Happy stitching!

Lots and lots of creative ideas can be found at Quilter Blogs.  Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment