Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Sew Much More - My portion of our family Christmas letter


     2014 has been packed with much excitement and many changes. 

     As Dave and I settled into a groove with the new business - him gunsmithing and building custom guns and me creating and selling quilts, we have learned to be more patient and trusting of the Lord’s provision.  My quilt sales have increased with many custom photo and T-shirt quilts.

    
 

     And in the midst of my “work” I was blessed to be able to make Heather’s wedding dress with the help of my Mom as well as assist with a few wedding details.  
 
    
 
Let me tell you, making the first cut into the 100% silk fabric for the dress ranked among the most stressful times of the year!

     We enjoyed the company of some wedding guests before and after wedding in May and again with a few family members in October.

      
 
   

    
 
     We traveled to TX twice to meet with a couple that have become good friends through being some of Dave’s best customers and they came to CO to see the shop and the progress of their projects in person. 

    


     In between the wedding plans, the travel, guests and quilting I assisted the College Foundation office with their annual fundraising dinner as well as helping with a research project… another little evidence of provision for our well-being.

     All of our various comings and goings have still allowed for me to help my Mom when needed.  This year Mom faced some physical challenges with her knees and back.  And she spent 5 days in the hospital with pneumonia.  She has been told that she will eventually need knee replacement surgery, but seems to be holding steady for now… if we can just keep her from over-doing.

     And the biggest, most exciting change we have had this year is that we  welcomed our first grandchild in August just days before our 29th wedding anniversary.  Emma Noelle - a beautiful little girl that is loved so very much by her family, near and far.
 
         
 
     As Rebecca faced a difficult decision regarding her future, we supported her wholly and are incredibly proud of the young woman that she is becoming.  We wait with anticipation to see where she will be next. 

     It is so hard to believe that 20 years ago we were making our big move to CO.  20 years?!?  My have the years have flown by. 

     As 2014 wraps up, I pray that our little updates find you well and I look forward to keeping in touch with many of you through modern technology.

     May you remember the reason for the season… Merry Christmas!     
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment