Thursday, June 4, 2015

Frozen II

I have been working on a second Frozen quilt for a friend... this one has pieced snowflakes.



I planned on doing free motion quilting to outline Elsa and Anna but was at a loss for what to do over the snowflakes... I thought about diagonal lines. I considered stippling or loops and swirls.  And then I searched youtube for a tutorial on free-motion snow flakes.  I was convinced that I HAD to do them!


Off to my studio...



I am really excited with what I have started... the top left flake was my first attempt - really bad!  Just figuring out what direction I wanted to working helped me.  #2, just below the first one, improved, yet was too close to the first one... #3 is still not perfect, but something I would be able to live with.

While I realize I have soooooooooooooo far to go with improving my skills as a free-motion quilter, I no longer fret over some imperfections in the stitching.  

Sometimes you just have to face your fear!  So go ahead... jump in... You can do it!


See what other quilters are talking about at Quilter Blogs




No comments:

Post a Comment