Friday, February 17, 2023

Toy Boats Finish

I had an unplanned, extended session in the studio found a finish... thanks to a big storm.  Last week a high school classmate (dare I say, from 40 years ago!) contacted me requesting a baby quilt for a grandson that is due to arrive this spring.  The nursery is being done with a sea themed room in navy.  I took advantage of this extra time and found it very productive!

When I sent her a photo of a "Captain Frog" quilt I made several years ago she liked it... Here's the fabric pull for her grandson's quilt.


As the snow started falling outside on Wednesday, I was busy cutting and piecing... The snow stacked up and the wind was making it drift, but I was comfortable and warm in the studio.  


Since I was only making a baby quilt the pieces were few and came together quickly.  Before I knew it, I was ready to add borders to the top.  Sandwiching the quilt took place on Thursday, followed by FMQ loops and swirls on my Babylock Jazz... and by 3 in afternoon the toy boats quilt was ready for a quick photo session, once again, in the snow.




As I picked up the quilt after a few shots in one place I discovered that there was an imprint left on the snow...


I think there is meaning behind this... We all leave an imprint on every person and thing we come in contact with. Make certain it is a good one!

Is there something else that comes to mind as you look at this picture?

Leave a comment... I love hearing your thoughts. 

PS - My friend's maiden name is Shipp... I thought it was cute that the baby quilt has ships... even though I am calling it Toy Boats.  May their family be blessed with love and joy with this child.

Keep Piecing!

Melva

Linking with:

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Off The Wall Friday with Nina Marie
Brag About Your Beauties at From Bolt to Beauty
Peacock Party at Wendy’s Quilts and More
Friday Foto Fun at Powered by Quilting
Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts

m






4 comments:

  1. Oh that is really good-Shipp and boats!! Really a cute quilt. How much snow did you end up with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a productive time for you!! and it is a great quilt. Love the Snow Impression!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilting imprint in the snow is amazing, and I love the baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete