Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Slow to Go

The time in my studio has been a little short and my schedule has been full.  This is not the ideal situation for me and, thankfully, not typical.

After enjoying a two-hour lunch with a few of my closest "sisters" last week (failed to take a picture), it was evident to me that the love language of four of us is clearly gift giving.   Three of us arrived bearing small gifts, the fourth certainly would have, if she had a little more notice of the get-together.

My bookmarks, filled with love, were well received 💗 



The Paper doll quilts have dolls ready to fuse to their blocks.  The next step with them will be to give them some underwear, hair and facial features.  At that point the blocks will be ready to sew together, get borders and then be quilted.  

"Dressing" them will be a fun-filled time and I have many ideas for clothing options.  A ballerina, a farmer, a basketball player, super hero... and more!


But... I should get the t-shirt quilts finished first. Fabric was purchased for the girl's quilt last week when I met my friends, and the boy's quilt had all of the t-shirts cut and prepped for window pane borders.  I spent one afternoon over the weekend framing blocks for the top.  There are more that are to be the back of the quilt.  I haven't quite decided how I will handle this.  I need to either make the blocks a different size, and/or the window pane fames a different width and wider outside border, to avoid having super bulky seams to quilt over.  

What are your thoughts?  Have you done a two-sided quilt?  Was quilting over bulky seams a problem?

Leave a comment... you know I love to hear from you. 

In other news... my request to use patterns from the Kansas City Star Sampler book from C&T Publishing with my next sew along was denied.  Hmmm... I will not let this deter me from my project.  There are many free blocks out there in the world and some blocks are published with multiple names.  Yes, I will find a way around this hurdle.  Watch for an announcement about the schedule and fabric requirements.

Keep the Piece,

Melva

Linking with:

Put Your Foot Down at For the Love of Geese
Needle & Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation
Can I Get A Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Off The Wall Friday with Nina Marie
Brag About Your Beauties at From Bolt to Beauty
Peacock Party at Wendy’s Quilts and More
Friday Foto Fun at Powered by Quilting
Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts
UFO Busting at Tish’s Wonderland
Oh Scrap! at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate
Patchwork & Quilts at The Quilting Patch

9 comments:

  1. Really interesting on the denial. Let's chat a little offline about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably best to stay away from blocks that are unique to KCS. I'm sure there is quite a bit of copyright infringement information online that can help guide you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat bookmarks! What a good idea for a Valentine's Day gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unless you've got a longarm for the quilting, a double-sided T-Quilt can be a bear to finish. Not impossible, but SEW not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the book marks and the bravery for getting together with other people!
    We are still in the "stay home, stay safe mode" until the vacines anrrive.
    Stay safe and sew on !

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dolls will be so much fun to dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like to stitch through the T-shirt design, so I don't do double sided. Love the bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely bookmarks, great gifts! Dolls and tee-shirt quilt are fun projects, looking forward to seeing how they will be finished. Too bad for the denial, you will have to tell everybody sewing in the SAL to purchase the book.
    Thank you for linking up, and I'm happy to announced that you are featured in this week's linky party 🎆✨

    ReplyDelete