Thursday, April 19, 2018

Trees Standing Tall - It's A Wild Life Block of the Month








The Sew Incredible Crazy and It's a Wild Life Block of the month blocks feature trees - two trees - a small tree and a tall tree.  And just my luck, it was offered in two different manners - applique (not my choice) >>>















and pieced... 





I was able to quickly piece the blocks and thought that I would skip the appliqued bunny and bird... I caved and am I ever so glad that I did!








How cute did they turn out???









Again, color placement is important... some of the light green HST at the edges of the tree are lost, but I am not overly concerned since it will be included in a quilt that I plan to keep - plus, it is scrappy.  Rest assured, if it were a commissioned quilt, I would be ripping stitches and replacing them!






























You may be tired of hearing that applique is not my thing... but in this case one of you will be a winner and reap the benefits of my dislike!  I have a reverse applique pattern I am giving away.  Yesterday was my birthday, but one of you gets a gift.  How does that sound?


Leave a comment about which tree blocks you would have done -  Applique or pieced

I will pick a random winner on Sunday afternoon.
If you are a no-reply blogger be sure to leave your email address in the comments 
(ie - davemelvanolan at aol dot com)

Sew Happy,

Melva

Linking with:

Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts
Movin' It Forward Monday at Em's Scrap Bag
Fiber Tuesday at the Quilting Room with Mel
Works In Progress Wednesday at Esther's Blog
To-do Tuesday at Stitch All The Things
Midweek Makers at Quilt Fabrication
BOMS Away at What A Hoot Quilts


8 comments:

  1. I probably would have pieced it too :) The little rainbow bird is adorable! Glad you decided to add the little critters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would applique the trees. I like the overlapping look of it. A78mandel at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELVA!! You did a fantastic job on your applique and it looks wonderful. I am going to applique mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday! I love the tree blocks! I would have definitely gone with the pieced trees too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy late Birthday! Your block is so sweet. Have a great day! angielovesgary2 atgmail dotcom

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would applique the trees. I like the overlapping look of it. A78mandel at yahoo dot com
    สล็อต ออนไลน์
    Gclub

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bunny and bird really add to those trees - glad you caved!

    ReplyDelete