Sunday, March 10, 2013

Therapy

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind, with life's challenges and rewards.  

I have spent the last two weeks assisting with a fundraising event coordinating and planning with two wonderful ladies.  Creating center pieces, decorating the stage and setting up the silent auction were among some of the tasks that I did. 



I did enjoy the creative side of the event planning/coordinating.  But I missed the "therapy time" in my sewing room.  There is just something about working with the fabric and the sound of the sewing machine that is soothing to my soul. 

Last week was filled with some challenges - like part of the patio roofing coming off in a big gust of wind on Monday...


and the kitchen drain being completely blocked on Friday.  Ugh!  But Saturday - sweet, sweet Saturday brought some much needed time in my sewing room and therapy. :)


I was able to assemble all of the blocks for the Bears in the Woods quilt!  I am now ready for the 104 flying geese border this week. 

The reward, other than the assembled top, was that all of the things on my plate to be addressed kept my mind from wondering whether or not the blocks that were submitted to Quiltmaker will be selected for their publication.  I should be hearing from them by the end of the week.  Accepted or declined - it really was an honor just being invited.


No comments:

Post a Comment