Sunday, May 12, 2024

Sew & Tell ~ May 13, 2024


I'll be keeping it short today... I have a date with "Jaquie" the seam ripper to remove the borders on the third of three memory quilts.  This was the most difficult quilt of the three.  It just did not want to come together easily.  I don't know why...  I even auditioned my border choices.


I kept telling myself that the borders were fine.  They bugged me until I relented and grabbed Jaquie.  I talked of my wanderlust last week and my longing to go camping.  Well, we are currently stuck in a season of rain which makes mud... which means we are not going camping. **big sigh** Wah, wah, wah!

So, a self-imposed partial unplugged session is due.  I will turn off my phone and computer and enjoy some silly hallmark movies as I rip.  I'll still need wi-fi to stream the movies. ;)

So my goals for this week...

#1 - Find the proper combo of borders for memory quilt, #3/3, get it quilted and complete the binding.

#2 - Send Pieces of My Life newsletter, edition #5, out with the next set of pages and patterns.

#3 - Write and publish the blog story for the release of blocks 7 & 8 of Pieces of My Life Sew Along.


No fluff and no rabbit trails means that it is time for this week's Sew & Tell feature.  If you missed Melisa's wee flag mug rug that she quilted while camping in Texas last month and recently added the binding, go check it and all of her lovely little cross-stitches at Pinker 'n' Punkin Quilting.

She stages the best photos.  Go show her some love.

Time to party... When I check back in, I will be ready to see what everyone has been up to.

When you make/select your borders on your quilts, do you have a standard size/set/formula that you use?

Leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you.

Keep Piecing,

Melva

Linking with:

m


10 comments:

  1. I understand you wanderlust woes, Melva. I am always ready to hit the road. I hope you will be able to very soon. I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day . Silly Hallmark movies sound like the perfect way to entertain yourself as you have to rip. I hope all went well. Thank you so much for featuring my mini flag quilt. You made my day! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack, sorry you can't go camping! With days getting nicer I get the itch too, but nothing in the close future planned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you can't go camping yet. I used to tell my kids that when they wanted to do something but everything was against it, it meant there was a reason not to do it, if that makes sense. I don't have any formulas about borders, but I probably should!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to unplug the distractions and make like a camping trip!! I might steal that idea!! Enjoy??? (Really) Removing the borders and starting agin

    ReplyDelete
  5. My borders totally depend on the style and size of my tops. But I tend to like small 1st borders and then big last borders, with anything in between!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, it's not fun to unstitch. I like to try several border's size on the design wall. Sometimes it helps ;)
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ack! Boo! Hiss! on Jacquie! Your little flag turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the seem ripper Melva - and sorry about the mud. It seems to be everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about the quality time with your seam ripper, Melva! Mine's name is Jackie! We have a love hate relationship! LOL Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete