Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Tired Tuesday

It's Tuesday and our vacation time is over.  As so many others have stated... "I need a vacation to recover from our vacation!"


Early morning visitors to our camper

The Nolan Family Camp Weekend was filled with so much joy, love, laughter, crafts, activities and food... and only one small melt-down from one of the little ones.  

In the midst of the chaos on the picnic table

Sweet Hanna was a little fussy on day 2, but there were enough adults around that we took turns soothing, walking and talking to her.  She really was happiest when she was around the group.



She has to be the most loved and touched sibling ever!  Every time one of the kids passed by her, sleeping or awake, they had to touch her, hold her hand, kiss her, pet her head or show some sort of affection.  And most of the time she was tolerant of them.

With Gramma & Gramma Carol
Arts & Crafts



But as I turn my attention to the coming week and what I need to accomplish, I remind myself, it will all get done when it gets done.

❧ I need to get borders on the Memory quilt...  
I will use the blue as a narrow border and I need to find fabric for the final border and a backing.


Since it will likely take a few days to get the fabric to finish this one...



❧  I will get this this Dresden/Sunbonnet Sue top quilted for my customer...

For some reason this quilt reminds me of a cake walk!  It may be because all of the Sues are facing the same direction, and the Dresden plates are the cakes...

I remember a cake walk from my elementary school memories.  I think it was a fundraiser for something... it may have simply been a 4-H event... but the excitement among the girls of making the cakes and what kind of cake and frosting was the main talk amongst all of us for the week before the event.

Do you have memories of a cake walk?

Any suggestions for the quilting of this Cake Walk Quilt?

Leave a comment... I'd love to hear your memories and suggestions!

Among other things on my to-do list for the week...

❧  Prep Big Horn Sheep and Soaring Bird blocks for our camping journal quilt.

❧  Something fun!  Maybe an improv hand-sewn hello mug rug

❧  Release Block #6 of the Pieces of the Santa Fe Trail Sew Along

Quilty Blessings!

Melva

Linking with:

Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
To Do Tuesday at Chris Knits & Sews
Mid-week Makers at Quilt Fabrication
Wednesday Wait Loss at The Inquiring Quilter
Stitch Sew & Show at Life in the Scrap Patch


4 comments:

  1. Looks like a very fun week for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! You are a beautiful family. I have always found vacations more stimulation than restful. Good times, just busy. The memory quilt looks lovely. Sue does seem to be walking around the edge of the quilt with the plates spinning above her. I have never actually seen a cake walk. Not sure how I would approach actual quilting ... "connect the dots" maybe? I think I am kidding ... maybe. Thanks for linking up. I am enjoying this with my morning coffee ... have a happy quilty day ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun event! The kids especially look like they really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melva! It looks like everyone had a fabulous time. How on earth did baby Hanna get so big already?? It seems like it was just yesterday that you were preparing for a baby shower for her arrival. That narrow blue border will be just perfection on the memory quilt! I don't have a suggestion for quilting the Dresden plate and SB Sue quilt but I look forward to seeing what you come up with. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete