Friday, April 23, 2021

A Friday (almost) Finish

It is amazing what I can actually get done when I stay home!  And, oh, it felt so good to stay home... mostly.



Dave and I did go to Pueblo (90 miles - at least he drove 😀) to do some birthday shopping for me.  My birthday was on Sunday and he wanted to find a new bike for me.  The bike I have ridden for the past five years was a run-of-the-mill bike from Wally-world and it was needing some attention...  enough attention and work that Dave thought would be easier if he bought me a new bike.  He spoils me, but I don't mind. 😉 Woohoo!  Let's go riding!  









I finished and sent off the cowboy quilt to my customer and then gathered up the t-shirts for the next quilt ~ a baby quilt for my friend Ruth's grandson.  



While in Pueblo we made a quick stop at the fabric shop to purchase the backing and sashing fabric for little Xavier's quilt.

It includes all of Grandpa Ray's favorites...  He served on the Saratoga and also in the Marines.  He loved his family and his favorite sports teams.

I will be sandwiching and quilting this weekend.

What are your plans for the weekend?


Maybe your plans include piecing the first block of the Santa Fe Trail Sew Along... if not, they should!  It is a very simple block that even a beginner, like a 7 year old Marian Russell, who traveled back and forth on the Santa Fe Trail five times in her life.  You can read about all the details of the sew along on the introductory post, and get the pattern on the Kit In The Korner post.  

Happy Quilting!

Melva

Linking with:

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Off The Wall Friday with Nina Marie
Brag About Your Beauties at From Bolt to Beauty
Peacock Party at Wendy’s Quilts and More
Friday Foto Fun at Powered by Quilting
Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts
Scrap Happy Saturday at Super Scrappy
UFO Busting at Tish’s Wonderland
Oh Scrap! at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate
Patchwork & Quilts at The Quilting Patch
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts


11 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Melva!! Enjoy your new bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! The cowboy quilt is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Melva! I hope you enjoy many rides on happy trails on your new bike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter the birthday number a bike still lights up the face

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Happy Birthday....have a great time on your bike.
    Love your Cowboy quilt. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! The new bike sounds like a fantastic birthday gift! Love what you did with the cowboy and T-shirt quilts. Very nice balance with all those different shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Happy Birthday!!!! Love the bike!! and Cowboy Quilt is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a great birthday! Love the quilts, especially the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday Melva! Great new bike, and you look good on it! The cowboy quilt is lovely, as the T-shirt quilt.
    Thank yo ufor linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute little cowboy quilt. It showed Sam doing a lot of things a little boy would enjoy doing. I'm guessing my dad served on the Saratoga -- but could be wrong. He was career Navy and I knew a lot of the air craft carriers back in the day. Enjoy your great BD present.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Melva! Happy Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful day. Enjoy that new bike and the spoiling. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete