Tuesday, March 2, 2021

To-Do Goes On the Road





Over the weekend my attention was returned to the Paperdoll quilts.  I was able to get all of the dolls on both quilts dressed with underwear and the the smaller dolls have some wonderful and cute hair styles.  

Finally... We finally made the trip to visit our friends with the Lazy J Goat Farm!




We listened to The Hunger Games during our 7 hour drive and I sketched out quilt blocks.

This was a bargain find at a thrift shop about a year ago, for just $5. 

Here are a few sketches of blocks I plan to use in the Pieces of the Santa Fe Trail Sew Along...

Along with the sketches I have the cutting and assembly instructions.




One other project I sketched out was a bunting for our soon to arrive grand daughter... Both little Hanna and her name bunting will be "coming soon".



But for now... all I have to show are these adorable kids!  A total of 10 have arrived in 24 hours.  WOW!






I'm pre-occupied and in love!  It is just as well that I didn't bring any projects to work on.  

Have you listened to any good audio books lately?  Any in particular that you recommend?

Leave a comment... I'd love to hear your recommendations!

Keep Piecing,

Melva

Melva Loves Scraps - Home of the Pieces From The Past Sew Along
that features vintage Kansas City Star quilt blocks!

Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
To Do Tuesday at Chris Knits & Sews
Mid-week Makers at Quilt Fabrication
Wednesday Wait Loss at The Inquiring Quilter
Stitch Sew & Show at Life in the Scrap Patch
Put Your Foot Down at For the Love of Geese
Needle & Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation

11 comments:

  1. OH how I love your baby goats! I raised sheep as a child...they are so darling, and I can see how you are preoccupied!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful plans and what fun, to be around baby goats!!! Thanks for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable. I don't think I'd ever get anything done with those cuties around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paper dolls are so cute! Please check spelling on Hannas banner. Syke and Skye....which is correct?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!! Those baby goats are just adorable. I'm in love from afar! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute kids! Enjoying the progress on the paper doll quilt and looking forward to seeing more of your new projects in the works. Thank you for linking up today ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do the little goats climb into that basin or were they put there to snuggle together in sleep?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were born the day before and the following morning they were found that way. Isn't it sweet?!

      Delete
  8. Those baby goats would sure have me distracted. Seems like you got a lot done even without projects in tow. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down last week and sorry for the delay. I'm really anxious to see the paper doll quilt as I've been eyeing that pattern myself. Just no little girls except myself to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete