Friday, October 4, 2019

Exciting News!


BIG NEWS!!!

I received a very exciting email message yesterday from C&T Publishing granting permission to scan and share the collection of Kansas City Star quilt patterns that my Grandma Schleich had.  **happy dance**  

So, what does this really mean???



This means that I will be moving forward with my plan for a blog series that will feature the patterns and the letters from former German Officers held at the POW camp located in Trinidad, CO.


You can learn a little more about the letters my Grandparents received over on my Grandmother's Flower Garden post.  


I am still working out the details of the whole thing, but some preliminary plans include:  

*An opportunity for participants to share their completed block for an opportunity to win a 1930's reproduction print fat quarter 

*A grand prize drawing for one lucky person that completes and shares all 20 blocks. The prize will be a copy of the Kansas City Star Sampler.  This pattern book includes 60+ blocks from 1928 to 1961

*A new pattern block and letter will be published once every three weeks.  Start date is to be determined, but I am hoping for late January to early February.


I am still in search of a name for the series and am open to suggestions.

Leave a comment... I'd love to hear your ideas!

Be sure to sign up to receive notification via e-mail, or follow over on facebook or instagram so that you don't miss out on this unique look into the past.  

Happy Quilting!

Melva


Melva Loves Scraps - Home of the Quilters Through The Generations series


Linking with:

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Off The Wall Friday with Nina Marie
Brag About Your Beauties at From Bolt to Beauty
Peacock Party at Wendy’s Quilts and More
Scrap Happy Saturday at Super Scrappy
UFO Busting at Tish’s Wonderland
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate
What I Made Monday at Pretty Piney
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
Moving It Forward Monday at Em's Scrapbag
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Colour & Inspiration at Clever Chameleon Quilting
Mid-week Makers at Quilt Fabrication
Wednesday Wait Loss at The Inquiring Quilter
Put Your Foot Down at For the Love of Geese
Needle & Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation
Creative Compulsions at Bijou Bead Boutique
2020 Quilt Along Directory at Busy Hands Quilts


13 comments:

  1. How exciting!! This sounds like an amazing quilt along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again! I agree with Jen - it does sounds like an amazing quilt along. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting the go ahead for the new blog series!! As far as a name for the series... Time Warp? Pages from the Past? Grandma's Girl? Those were the only names that I could think of for the posts. Surely, you've been kicking around some names!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so exciting! I love the designs you already posted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting! Though I'm stumped on a name...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! This sounds like a fascinating project. In my ignorance, I had no idea there had been a POW camp in the US, although it certainly makes sense that there was.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! This is going to be amazing, whatever you call it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! Intriguing project. I’ll enjoy seeing more about this. Thank you for linking up with Creative Compulsions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds interesting. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! This will be fun. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll now follow you via bloglovin and plan to pariticipate in your sew along. Thanks. I look forward to the letters you will share.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Melva! Have you come up with a name for your QAL? I would love to start spreading the news and details, and for that matter purchase some special fabrics for this piece. I look forward to hearing from you or seeing something on your blog soon. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete