Thursday, September 26, 2019

Quilter's ADD

Help!!!  I have been so busy lately and have so many different projects going that I think I need a serious intervention. 

In the last month I have had two pattern tests going, trying to finish my Scrappy Mystery Minuet (hosted by Carole at From My Carolina Home), a project for the Witchy Stitchy blog hop hosted by Carol at Just Let Me Quilt and some fun little "postcard" blocks designed by Rachel at Fiona Sandwich that are like a journal of our camping journeys... 


Plus a promotion of Memory Quilts with a fundraising opportunity to a hand-picked selection of high schools...


And the preliminary plans of a new blog series that will feature quilt blocks from some old patterns that my Grandma Schleich saved from the newspapers.  You know the ones... the Kansas City Star quilt blocks.

I will also be sharing the letters that my Grandparents received from some the German Officers that had been POW's held at Camp Trinidad during WWII.  You can get a sneak peak into the letters over on my Grandmother's Flower Garden post.

I am open to suggestions for the series name.  Leave a comment...

And to top it all off my friend has introduced me to Eco-printing.  I process of  fabric dyeing using gifts from nature!  Not to worry... I will be doing a post that outlines the various steps of getting to this point.  😁



Ok, now that I have it all listed out I say "No wonder I am feeling overwhelmed!"

I can check off a few items...

✔The Mystery Quilt will just have to stay on the guest bed sandwiched and ready to quilt until inspiration hits me for just how to quilt it.  

✔The pattern tests are done except for a photo shoot with one of them...


✔I wait to hear from the schools and I am waiting for permission to copy and share the Kansas City Star block patterns I am left with the Witch Stitchy project that will come together pretty quickly... 









I have it more than 1/2 done.  It will be a "magical" quilt that will probably be done by the end of next week...




That then leaves the last two items that have captured my attention lately... the postcard blocks and more eco-printing.

These little postcards are 4-1/2 inches and designed for english paper piecing or foundation paper piecing.  I have opted for the EPP because I can prepare little kits of the block and take them with me when we go camping!




Last time we went we were in the National Forest near Red River, NM and I had three blocks to sew...

The campfire >>>

Mountains and Pine Tree -







Since we are getting ready to head over the Sangre de Cristo mountain range to Ouray, CO for a weekend of bike rides I need to get a few more blocks ready to go.

I'll be using some of the yummy eco-printed fabric in the next few postcard blocks! 

And I have a date with my friend to make more next week.  It is so fun!  And so unpredictable.  You never quite know what sort of colors and outlines you will end up with!

Thanks for "listening" to me ramble on about so many projects.  I feel better since I have made a list and can see exactly where I am with each project and the deadlines.  







What do you do when you feel overwhelmed?
Are you a list maker?  
What are some of your organizational tips?

Leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!

Stay Piece-full!

Melva
Melva Loves Scraps - Home of the Quilters Through The Generations series


Linking with:

Put Your Foot Down at For the Love of Geese
Needle & Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation
Creative Compulsions at Bijou Bead Boutique
Can I Get A Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Off The Wall Friday with Nina Marie
Brag About Your Beauties at From Bolt to Beauty
Peacock Party at Wendy’s Quilts and More
Colour & Inspiration at Clever Chameleon Quilting
Mid-week Makers at Quilt Fabrication
Wednesday Wait Loss at The Inquiring Quilter

10 comments:

  1. WOW! And I thought I had too many projects to do! I make list of the things I want to accomplish and try to get them done in the order listed. Sometimes it even works.LOL But if I don't finish, I try not to stress out about it. I don't have a deadline though. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your upcoming ecoprinting posts. What a lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have a full plate. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down and I really look forward to you post on dying fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I feel overwhelmed in the quilting realm, I look at all of my fabric collection and I start winnowing it down, along with my project bags. I have very little sewing time so I have to be realistic about what I can truly accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry, I can't intervention you because I need my own intervention. Maybe we should intervention together at a quilt store. LOL I have to make lists showing deadlines because if I didn't, I'd always be late to the party. That would not be good. I can't wait to see your Witchy Stitchy project and those patterns from your Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, no wonder you are feeling a bit overwhelmed! That's a lot going on. I'm looking forward to your Witchy Stitchy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You do have a lot of projects going on. I got tired just reading it! LOL! But I know they are all going to be awesome. Thanks for linking up to Creative Compulsions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been in your shoes! I tackle projects in order of dates due, and sometimes things get pushed back a bit. And such is life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I am feeling overwhelmed, I make a list. Having it down on paper makes me feel like I'm in control and I have a plan. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can identify with you over longs lists and interventions! I hope you get the important things done. And find time to play with the eco printing. That sounds like a lot of fun and I look forward to finding out more.

    ReplyDelete