Tuesday, July 9, 2019

OCC Sewing

I was recently given a fabric stash... It came from the wife and mother of a fellow church member.  He has recently had some health issues and is feeling prompted to clean out the stuff that he won't EVER need, want or use.




And this is only half of it!  Most of it will be given to others, but there were some fabrics that will be used in projects that I make on a regular basis... quilts (OF COURSE!) and tool (file & chisel) holders that I sell to local gunsmithing students.








Some will be used to make skirts...
















and shorts to be included in the OCC shoe boxes. 







Some found its way to my daughter and my sister-in-law... and the remainder will go to the local theater.

My daughter, Rebecca whipped up a couple of nursing infinity scarves that will be gifts for co-workers and friends that are expecting babies soon.  Isn't she a cutie??? 😍







I have had such fun going through the fabric and have so many ideas... 


Yet, sadly, so little time.  I will snatch an hour or two here and there and continue working on things until November when our church has a packing party.

The final thing that I want to do with some of the cotton fabrics is to create some layer cake packs or charm packs to be included with the tiny sewing needle cases I made during Lent.  Do you think I can find enough fabric to put together 40 quilt kits???

I feel so blessed to be the recipient of this stash and am excited to be sharing with others.

What are some other quick, easy projects to make?  

Leave a message... I'd love to hear your ideas!

Blessings,

Melva 
Melva Loves Scraps - Home of the Quilters Through The Generations series

No comments:

Post a Comment