Monday, October 15, 2018

Save The Bees - Block 3

The Save The Bees block was a quick little project that I was able to do early in the morning before breakfast...

Early morning time in my studio is a favorite of mine and I'm not really sure why I don't do it more often.

Well, maybe because if I go in there early, I get lost in there and don't get all of the necessary "chores" done... okay, yep, that's it!



As I enjoyed my early morning studio time I was also sipped a cup of spiced Chai latte sweetened with a little honey...  

A few months ago several girlfriends and I were together for a weekend of being unplugged and reconnecting with each other.  

Every get together that we have is a special time and involves some special activity coordinated by a lovely gal that loves to ask questions.  She presented a scripture from Psalm 119...


"How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!"

She asked us to share what this verse means to each as an individual.

To me, my time with that group of ladies is like the honey in my tea.  I love my chai tea every morning with a splash of cream... but the honey in my tea is like my relationship with those ladies.

They are the ones that have been there by my side -  through the ups and downs, twists and turns and challenges of life... life made even sweeter by knowing they were lifting me in prayer and ready to step in to help when needed. 


What gives your life a little extra sweetness?

Leave a comment... I love to hear from my readers. :)

Quilt happy,

Melva
Melva Loves Scraps - Home of the Quilters Through The Generations series


1 comment:

  1. Friends definitely do enter into it. I just spent 4 days unplugged and touring church history sites with friends, and it was renewing. Sometimes it's my friends, sometimes scripture study, and sometimes just being able to quilt quietly for uninterrupted time. I'm so glad you have friends like that, and that you spend time with them.

    ReplyDelete