Friday, April 17, 2015

My life... By the Numbers

I have a significant birthday approaching and I was curious... just how long have I been on this spinning ball in the universe called the earth?

As of April 18th...

I have been alive for 50 years... and celebrated 51 Easter Sunday's.  Since I interrupted my Mom & Dad's Easter dinner and Easter has already passed this year, yes, it is 51. :)

Fifty years...                  600 months
                                    18,262 days
                                    438,288 hours
                                    26,297,280 minutes
                                    1,577,836,800 seconds

I lived in La Junta, CO  for 20 years, 3 months and 23 days

I have been married for 29 years, 8 months, 8 days

I lived in IL for 9 years, 4 months, 14 days

I have lived in Trinidad, CO  for 20 years, 3 months, 18 days

I have been a mom for 27 years, 5 months, 3 days

I am reminded that it is not the number of breaths that you take... It is the moments that take away your breath.

A few significant moments that I will never, ever forget...

My high school graduation...

The Freshmen-Sophomore mixer at TSJC where I first met Dave...

The day Dave and I made vows to love each other... in sickness & health, for rich or for poor, 'til death do we part...

The moment we found out we were pregnant!  

The moment we learned that the baby miscarried...

The moment we learned, again, that we were pregnant!

The arrival of our first-born child...

The moment we learned that we would welcome another baby!

Arriving at the hospital to deliver baby #2 and hearing the nurse run down the hall after examining me, yelling "Margaret!  We're going to have a baby!" (The Dr. was across town at the other hospital and they were concerned that I would deliver before she could arrive)... the Dr. did make it, btw...

The day Dave received a job notice for an opening in the Gunsmithing department at Trinidad State Junior College...  His interview day... The day he received a job offer...

The day we closed on a house that we had never actually seen...  Yes, we may be a bit crazy!

The day I moved our oldest daughter into her dorm room for the first time...

The day we became "empty-nesters"...

Seeing our oldest daughter walk up the sidewalk in her wedding dress...

Watching the birth of our first grand-child...

I can't wait to see what the future hold for me!

Be blessed!




2 comments: