Thursday, March 12, 2015

I Stopped Whining!

I was picking through my scrap bin over the weekend finding fabric for the Bitty Blocks... you know those blocks that had tiny little pieces... and the whining that occurred while working with them.  Ugh! It seemed that I had worked for hours just to finish 3 blocks. 

You can learn more about the Bitty Blocks here... Quiltmaker Bitty Blocks

On Saturday I must have had a better attitude or more patience or something because I managed to complete the required number of blocks (12) and still had interest in moving on to the #3 Bitty Block... a cute and fun little house.




More recently I picked through my scrap bin for blues and browns... 


 



but I can't reveal what I'm doing yet... you will just have to wait and see. :)

But good golly!  I stopped whining!  Yay me!  Of course, this doesn't mean that I prefer working with tiny pieces of fabric... I will always navigate toward the larger blocks. BY NO MEANS! But working with the itty-bitty, teeny-weeny pieces has certainly improved my piecing skills.  By the time I got to the last block my bitty basket blocks were laying flatter and there were fewer points cut off and seams mis-aligned. Go Melva!








See what other quilters are blogging about at...











No comments:

Post a Comment