Saturday, November 22, 2014

A little "magic"

My latest projects are for a couple cute little girlie girls - the grand-daughters of a friend.  I was asked to come up with something "princess-like".  After searching for "princess" quilt blocks, I decided on something of my own... using Disney's "Frozen" princess fabric.

My friend requested that one quilt be pink and the other blue. No problem!  I found Frozen fabric in the requested color schemes and began selecting a block pattern.  I settled on a "disappearing nine-patch".  And I chose to do it "big block" style, which means it makes extra-large blocks and goes together super fast.

I started with a regular 18" nine-patch...
 
Cut it into quarters...

 
Flip a two blocks...

 
And, voila!   
I have a magical quilt top that looks much
more complicated that it really is.


 
Everyone needs a little "magic" in their lives... and sometimes you have to make it happen... and sometimes its happens so much easier than you ever thought it could be.
 
May you find a little magic in your life this week as we celebrate Thanksgiving.  A time to say thank you for all that you have in life... And I have so much to be thankful for!

Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment