Monday, January 17, 2022

Mundane Monday...

The mundane tasks of wrapping up a year and preparing for year-end reports and taxes took over but I have cleared the desk, paid and filed necessary reports, placed orders and I am ready to return to the studio bright and early on Tuesday morning!

While the "business" side of getting to do what we love to do can be mundane, it is necessary and I feel fortunate that I have the skills, confidence, knowledge and ability to handle the majority of the things that are required for our small business.  Tax forms will be on their way very soon and our paperwork will be ready to deliver to our accountant for them to handle all that I (we) choose to not handle.  It is comforting to know that should we ever get a call from Mr. IRS, we can say "talk to our accountant". 😄

With that "business" out of the way I am ready to return to my to-do list from last week...

✔ Prep for the kick-off event of the Pieces of the Past Sew Along.  

We drove over Raton Pass in slush and ice but made it safely.  The signing event was intimate but attended by individuals interested in the quilt and blocks as well as history.  Didn't Laura do a great job picking fabric for the first two blocks?




✔ Acquire fabric for a commissioned baby quilt.  

I not only purchased the fabric (a painful and frustrating experience I shared in Friday's post) I have it sandwiched and ready to quilt!

❧ I will get the quilting done and machine sew the binding.  With crossed fingers, I will get a photo shoot done before it gets delivered. :)


❧ Memory Star quilt.  I knew it was a far-reaching goal to get to this quilt, but it is next in line...


❧ I'll be the host of the Thank Goodnes It's Finished Friday linky party... With great luck, I'll have two finishes to share.  At the very least, I will have one. :)  I hope that you will return to share your most recent finish!

❧ The final thing that I'll be doing is finalizing further details of my next sew along.  A name, schedule and more are in the works.  My plan is for the first block to be released on February 3rd.  Watch for an announcement soon!

It's going to be a busy week!  What are YOU doing this week?

Keep piecing,

Melva

Linking with:

Monday Making at Love, Laugh, Quilt
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts & Doll Quilts
To Do Tuesday at Texas Quilt Gal
Mid-week Makers at Quilt Fabrication
Wednesday Wait Loss at The Inquiring Quilter
Put Your Foot Down at For the Love of Geese
Needle & Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation


5 comments:

  1. After 5 months delay I finally got back to the sewing machine and finished the top of a small quilt. And filled 3 bobbins for other projects to come! Now to get to bed. G'night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you have been able to return to your sewing machine! Enjoy your time together. <3

      Delete
  2. This is my least favorite time of the year, too much paperwork. Sounds like you are well on your way of forgetting it. Look forward to seeing what you do for the next sew along. As soon as my current SAL is over I have to get some patterns ready before I can begin thinking of another one. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have given myself a daily assignment to get the taxes moving forward. Hope to be finished before the end of February. I have had a very good week in the sewing room, getting much closer to finished on several fronts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So busy, but you still got things done in the sewing room! Good for you. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete