Sunday, May 13, 2018

Happy Mother's Day



Mother's day can sometimes be tough to navigate...

I think many mom's can relate to this sentiment...



No automatic alt text available.

I know I can!

I would venture to say that my own mom has felt this...



My children are grown adults and have lives of their own.  This was the whole reason for raising independent children, right?

But not everyone has the mushy, Hallmark-y feelings of being "best friends" with mom when they consider their relationship with their own Mom.  

It is because of what I we learned from our own parents - because I certainly did not raise the girls on my own... {{and for those that are single moms, I cheer you!  You must have an amazing support system...}} It is because of what we learned that helped us to become the parents of strong-willed, independent thinking, considerate and compassionate young adults that are examples to others around them on what is like to do the "right" thing.  






Happy Mother's Day to all the moms -- wannabe moms, birth moms, stepmoms, bonus moms, adoptive moms, mentor moms and spiritual moms. And especially to friends for whom this holiday will be hard. Friends who will be standing by gravesites this Mother’s Day. Friends whose moms haven’t been a part of their lives in many years. And those who have challenging relationships with their moms who try to navigate Mother’s Day with grace but some necessary distance. Have a blessed day 


Melva

No comments:

Post a Comment