Monday, July 14, 2014

Something Special for Emma Noelle

Last week I quilted an adorable baby quilt for a friend.  It was so fun to use some of my newly acquired free motion quilting skills...

 
I had fun creating waves... and clouds. (though the photo doesn't show the detail of the clouds very well...)

 
I am certain that Sandi's newest grandson will love this quilt.  I know that she stitched lots and lots of love into it.  I can completely relate because our first grandchild is just weeks away from arriving. 
 
Yesterday I attended a shower held in her honor... Emma Noelle.  Well, her and her mommy, Heather.  And I am now torn... I have these wonderfully, personalized blocks to assemble into a quilt for her. 
 
 
I have read each one of them several times and I am so touched by the messages and pictures.  I really, really want to assemble them... but I have another quilt on my design wall and ready to go...
 
 
The blocks are cut and ready to go.  I guess it is best that I don't have all of the blocks for Emma's quilt... a couple of the guests just couldn't finish theirs and requested a little extra time.  Thanks Mary & Catie... I am off to crush the Orange Crush quilt. 
 
Interested in other blogs by other quilters?  Check out www.quilterblogs.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment