While counting I realized that the number of spools used in 2016 was down - the 2015 total was 73 spools... the actual number of spools for 2016 was 38... but remember I started using larger spools and with the "conversion" that was equal to 59 spools. Still down... 😞
So what happened??? Well, I think part of it was a concentrated effort in growing my blog and posting more frequently... another thing that may have "stolen" away some of my studio time was the revamp of my husband's web-site for his business (Nolan Quality Customs). And the final thing that occurred was my decision to not increase my "stock" for the farmer's market and shows.
All in all, 2016 was an interesting year and I look forward to seeing what is in store for us in 2017.
My "Quilty Goals" for the year include...
1) A Wedding Quilt - this will be for our youngest daughter. Pattern to be determined.
2) Psalm 23 wall hanging - You may recall that I received six panels and completed two last year.
3) I want to try a new technique - English Paper Piecing. I received this adorable little set, along with the assortment of patterns. I think this will be a great little travel project.
4) I have had a collection of ties that belonged to my Grandpa hanging in my sewing room closet for several years and I think this is the year that I finally do something with them.
5) Along the same lines, I have long wanted to do a Dresden plate quilt.
6) And, for my final quilt project, I want to make a sweet raw edge teddy bear quilt that was recently shared with me on social media... I have a collection of clothing items in my closet (right next to the neckties) from our two-year old grand-daughter that will be perfect for this.
And as a final item on my Quilty Goal list is to, again, participate in our local Farmer's Market.
As far as blogging goals... I'll try to continue with posts and updates about once a week, as well as an occasional blog hop or linky party - I think this will be a good balance for me, offering me plenty of time in my studio.
So, the winner of the spool guess is Janice H. with 35. Congratulations!
Do you have a new technique that you want try?
We are NEVER too old to learn! Go ahead - Give it a go!
Have a quilty year! 💗
Head over to Quilter Blogs to see what other quilters doing...