Friday, August 7, 2015

I Will Soon Be Singing Again!

It took over a week to finally get a reasonable offer for the replacement of my Serenade.  It came down to the decision between the Symphony for an additional $1300 or a new model they are offering, to replace the Serenade model, The Lyric.  





In comparing the specs of the Serenade and the Lyric they are very equal and I am quite satisfied with the offer.  I am grateful that my husband, Dave, was persistent with the sales rep and the shop manager to work out the deal.  He is my greatest supporter.  He even took a day away from the shop to drive me to Golden, CO for a brief lunch visit with Bonnie Hunter.  He is quite the man and I love him to pieces!

So, the Addicted to Scraps column in the Quiltmaker publication is written by Bonnie Hunter and each month there is a new "scrap-busting" pattern featured.  Bonnie was in Golden this week for the filming of a tutorial series  featuring some of these blocks.  

I had the opportunity to enjoy lunch with her, as well as several Quiltmaker Editors and staff members.  Bonnie is as genuine as they come.  If you have ever followed any of her blog or fb posts, or watched any of her QuiltCam videos, she is exactly like what you see there.  She is a fun gal; entertaining with her stories, curious about others and willing to share her tips and ideas and offers encouragement to everyone.

Bonnie gave me a tour of the filming studio and discussed the necessary steps taken to prepare for such a video with completed steps, required equipment, etc.  She shared her quilt that featured the Idaho Square Dance block... alternated with log cabin blocks.  It was lovely! It was so well balanced it was almost difficult to pick out the log cabins.  We looked ate several other quilts  that had been sent in and marveled at the variety of styles and layouts.  Each one so unique and inspiring.



As I readied to leave the office I paused to say thanks, offered a hand shake and got a hug.  It was a good day, Maynard.

And on our way home we stopped in Pueblo, placed the order for the Lyric machine and I should be singing and quilting again very soon!

Until then I will be getting borders on the Broken Star quilt so that it is ready to sandwich and then get sashing strips and borders on the two MS quilts for my friend.

Happy Quilting!

Melva


No comments:

Post a Comment