Monday, July 27, 2015

A Tisket, A Tasket, I Found A Basket!

I have done all I can on the Broken Star Quilt at this point... I am waiting on the final section of the star to arrive as well as the backing.

Today I get to work on a different project... Last year I had made and donated several blocks for QuiltBlocks for MS.  Never Forget... The blocks had been made in memory of the daughter of a dear friend.  Sadly she lost her battle at an age far too young and left behind her husband and four girls.  My friend had the opportunity to purchase two of the quilts that had Tracy's picture on them.

   

The request has been to make the two throw-size quilts larger and to make two more in a similar fashion - scrappy/sampler style.

In one of the recent "feedings" from a retired quilter I acquired some partially finished blocks.  

There was one citrus fruit basket complete...


And three pieced baskets...


and all of the additional applique pieces to finish the baskets...

These blocks are the perfect start to the two additional orange/green MS quilts!  While I am not a real fan of applique (especially hand applique), I did enjoy finishing one of the blocks last night (and it didn't take nearly as long as I had thought it would!).  I'll be prepping the two additional blocks for some hand applique... something to do while relaxing in the evening.

  

In addition to the basket blocks, each quilt will have a photo block of Tracy...  

I have to come up with 20 blocks for each quilt... two fruit baskets and a photo block... only 17 more each.  I don't feel the quilts can have the same blocks since the original tops are so different from each other... 

I guess I will be digging through my block of the month patterns. Fun!

Help me pick out blocks... What blocks would you include?

Happy Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment