Saturday, September 20, 2014

Working with Left Overs

In the previous two posts  I talked about making rescues.  This week I worked with "left overs"... The left over half-square triangles that were intended for the "Back in Time Stars" quilt that was intended to be a finished 84" x 100" quilt. 

 
 
My initial desire was for a Carpenter's Star...  And with a little bit of calculating and the addition of a background fabric it became a reality!

 
 
I was stitching away and getting the rows assembled and somewhere in assembly I somehow missed the fact that one block was misplaced.
 
 
What a mess!  It looked much worse that it really was... Like I said, one block was misplaced and the row was upside down.
 
All better!  And with a border, ready to be sandwiched and quilted. :)
 
 

 
 
  "The most regretful people on earth are those who felt the call to creative work...and gave to it neither power nor time.” Mary Oliver
 
I love creating! No regrets!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment