Thursday, October 8, 2026

What Will You Do With Your Million?

The other day I saw an Instagram post by Tera Elness asking "What would YOU do with YOUR million."  She had some interesting thoughts...

These are a few thoughts I've had as I went about my day(s) at home and in the studio quilting on Lala's Scrappy Irish Chain.


People will often dream of "what if" when they buy a lottery ticket and were the big winner.  Dave and I believe that we would be good stewards of such a grand prize.  Of course, we would need to purchase a ticket or two to do so. ;)  Since we don't have 1 million dollars, I liked Tera's approach...

My greatest commodity is time and not money.  One million.  What does that look like in terms of time?

She put it in terms of seconds which is equal to 11.6 days or 1.65 weeks, approximately 12 days.

I thought of it in the matter of minutes which is equal to 694 days or 99 weeks or 22.8 months or just a few weeks short of 2 years.

Recently, Dave and I enjoyed the First Friday Art Walk in town.  In one particular gallery there is a trio of very large paintings of three safari animals - A giraffe, a zebra and an elephant.  Dave turned to me and said, "We're going to go there one day."  I responded with "OK, when?"

I have learned through the years that if we don't set a date or a timeline we don't do it.  We decided that we want to make the trip for our 50th wedding anniversary.  First things first... we need passports.  They're good for 10 years we learned.

Within a few days, I thought of when my parents celebrated their 50th... my Dad was in the nursing home.  Hmmmm... maybe we need to move this timeline forward a bit!  Granted, my Dad was 6 years older than Dave was at the time of marriage.  And, while Dave's parents had divorced well before their 50th anniversary would have taken place, his mom was gone by what would have been their 40th.  We just celebrated our 41st in August.  Maybe we will make a safari trip a 45th wedding anniversary gift to each other.

YES! Definitely move the date up.  As we take a serious look at our retirement plan, I want to make the most of our One Million.  What exactly will it look like?  Stay tuned...

I'll shut off the flow of my thoughts pouring out of my mind to you for now and return to Lala and another audio book - Lost in the Summer of '69 by Eliza Knight.

But before you go, tell me...

What will you do with YOUR million?

Keep Piecing,

Melva

Linking with:

m

  

No comments:

Post a Comment