Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Never Forget...

A dear friend lost her daughter in 2011.  She had Multiple Sclerosis and she was only 38 years young... far too short of a life.  Tracy left behind her husband and four daughters as well as her parents, siblings and numerous loved ones. 

Another friend that I met through facebook introduced me to a project that she was taking on throughout the Lenten season - Quiltblocks for MS.  A few days later my dear friend sent a request to support her in her MS Walk fundraising.  I thought, "This is too perfect!" 

I knew immediately that I wanted to make a few blocks in support of Sandi's daughter, Tracy. The blocks that are collected will be assembled and quilted and then sold at silent auction events held at MS walks. Below are the first blocks that I made. 




I never met Tracy in person, but from the stories I have heard of her and from the picture that I was sent I can tell that she was a vibrant and fun person who cherished life and taught those that loved her to do the same.

A lesson that is valuable and I hope to pass it on to those around me. 

Tracy's mom, Sandi shared with me the following:

Tracy was married to her high school sweetheart and they have four daughters. Tracy always had a smile on her face and joy in her heart. When MS started to take hold of her life she would look to the positive.  Tracy was headstrong and determined, this I believe gave her the determination she needed in the last few years of her life.  She loved her family of origin and doted on her husband and girls. Tracy loved to talk, and talk and talk! She would get on the phone and we would talk for hours. Sometimes the phone would be passed around the room several times and Tracy still had more to share. 
The last few years Tracy was in a wheelchair, which did not stop her from participating in the MS walks. When her youngest was four or five Tracy pushed her and her sisters in her wheelchair. Later the youngest would be on her moms lap and the older girls would be pushing. 
MS did not stop Tracy from living her life while she was alive. It was that strong determination and her bullheadedness that pushed her onward. I have no doubt God gave her that very young so as life went on she could endure.
 
Her daughter Sabrina wrote this:
 
I cannot believe that it has been two years today that you have been gone mom! I miss your smile, your jokes, your laugh,.... Just you being here. I would absolutely do anything to hear your voice again, feel your touch again & just get to tell you that I love you. I hope you knew that we loved you more than anything. I am honestly so lost without you. Two years and it still doesnt seem real! I'm still lost. Still cant forget when you took your last breath. I never wanted to die so much in my life. I never thought I would cry so much and so hard. The pain it has given all of us is undescibable but if it werent for daddy we wouldbt be where we are today or be as strong or be able to handle all of this. I love you so much and hope you smile down on us when we look up at you  I love you momma.
Thanks to everyone who cares

Live. Laugh. Love... and Never forget.

1 comment:

  1. Melva thank you for being you! Sharing and loving
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete