Friday, May 4, 2018

No Guilt - Go Quilt :: One Month Goal

It was going to be a "No Guilt - Go Quilt" day... 

I had taken the Cool Ranch Shredded Chicken out of the freezer and placed it in the refrigerator to thaw over night.  




I had my normal morning routine - breakfast, computer tasks (responding to blog comments, marketing posts, paying bills, etc.) a shower and then I headed to my sewing room. I made great progress on my Wish Upon A Star quilt and enjoyed every minute of it!  




Following lunch I took a walk and remembered that the freezer meal was still in the fridge... Ack!  No worries, "if I start it in the crock-pot when I get home it will still have time to cook on high for 4 hours.  Yes, yes... I will do that."

I recalled as I finished quilting the star quilt and moved on to the binding that I, in fact, did NOT do that.  Ugh!

But I still need something for dinner and that meal still needs to be cooked - it's chicken!  

As I looked at the recipe, I thought to myself, well it is basically like the Loaded Chicken and Potatoes that I cook in the oven.  




So I diced up some white sweet potatoes and tossed them into the roasting dish with the items from the freezer meal (leaving the chicken breasts whole), placed it in the oven at 375 degrees for 45 minutes with a lid on the dish.  I added some diced turkey bacon (affectionately referred to as Facon in our house) and some shredded cheese and returned the dish back to the oven for an additional 15 minutes, uncovered.

It was a success!  Dave will often ask, as I place the meal on the table if he doesn't recognize it, "what do we have here?"  After explaining my forgetfulness about getting the meal in the crockpot we dished up and he gobbled it up!  

Maybe it was because the chicken breast was whole that he felt as though the meal was more complete... I don't understand the logic... All I know is that my mash-up of Cool Ranch Chicken and Loaded Chicken and Potatoes was a hit!  AND I still managed to quilt all day.  Win - Win!

I will be doing a full reveal of my Wish Upon A Star quilt in a few weeks during the Wish Upon A Star Blog Hop hosted by Just Let Me Quilt on May 24th.  I will be offering several give away opportunities - all star quilt patterns!










Other items I will be working on this month are two more Quilters Through The Generations - one featuring Tish Stemple's husband, Dave - The Quilt Engineer and one of the 2018 New Quilt Bloggers, Gail Sheppard of Quilting Gail.









I'll be sharing my Blocks of the Month - It's a Wild Life, Let's Go Camping and the 2018 Color Challenge.




And something completely new for me... The Art with Fabric Blog Hop hosted by Alida at Tweety Loves Quilting.  I will be revealing my "Art" on Monday, the 21st.  I will have a pattern give away during this hop as well!




What would YOU do with a guilt-free quilting day?  
Leave a comment to let me know... I love hearing from my readers.

Quilt Happy!

Melva

Linking with:
One Month Goal with Elm Street Quilts
Finish It Up Friday with Crazy Mom Quilts
Can I Get A Whoop Whoop with Confessions of A Fabric Addict
Off The Wall Friday with Nina-Marie
Finished Or Not Friday with Busy Hands Quilts
Needle & Thread Thursday with My Quilt Infatuation
Wednesday Wait Loss with The Inquiring Quilter
To Do Tuesday with Stitch All The Things


5 comments:

  1. Both of these recipes sound yummy...I'm thinking I might have to give one a go this weekend. I love the colors on your Wish Upon a Star Quilt. Just curious...what is that quilting ruler I spy on your machine? I don't think I've seen one like it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The taco chicken recipe looks great! I have those crock pot liners to try out - and I thank you very much for that!!! beautiful Star Quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal - it isn't clear what your OMG is though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your attitude! No wonder you got a lot done, despite the set backs. Thanks for the recipes...I'll be using them for a guild-free day myself soon! Thanks also for linking to Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love that you share your recipes. Thank you for that! I've forgotten to get dinner going in the crock pot too, and its always nice to have a back up plan!

    ReplyDelete