Saturday, September 24, 2016

Majestic Mountains - Fall Setting

** This is a second entry in to Blogger's Quilt Festival (fall 2016).  Be sure you head over to Amy's blog and vote for my quilt!  At the very least, you should really take a look at all the amazing quilts that have been entered... Voting begins September 25th. 

Majestic Mountains... 


I lift my eyes to the hills -- where does my help come from?  My help comes from the Lord, Maker of heaven and earth.
~ Psalm 121:1-2


A pattern from Amy Ellis with my own scrappy twist to it.  




Rather than having the meadow reflect a spring time setting, I used the darker greens, yellows and oranges and tans.  

While the pattern did not have a border or "frame", I wanted the final look to be more like a framed piece of art.  

I was able to create some depth in the quilt by doing the different directional free-motion quilting.  (I don't think I have ever done such tight quilting!)  I actually feared that I was over quilting it, but am extremely pleased with the finished quilt... especially the sky portion.


Thanks for stopping by to see my quilt.  I hope that you will take a closer look and will come back often to see what I am doing.

Blessings,

Melva

3 comments:

  1. I like how your quilting gives more definition to the craggy mountain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely autumn landscape, and your quilting gives it the air.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a striking quilt! I love the snowcapped mountains. The quilting on it really adds to the design.

    ReplyDelete