Friday, September 30, 2016

Five Things Friday ~ #8



It is Friday and that means that I am here to give you a run down of five things that made me smile this week.




#1)  Fresh veggies - shared with us by a friend... Thanks Jaquie!














#2)  Our house being sealed, once again, from the outside elements and critters and the best news is that the crawl space should no longer get water in it when heavy rains come... YAY!  It has been quite the project.  After years of water weeping in and causing the wood to rot, we had to open it up remove the board on top of the foundation and replace it with a new one.  We still have some work to do, but at least nothing can get in!






#3)  While I am not a fan of Christmas decorations or music in September (that just needs to wait until after Thanksgiving), I am a firm believer in starting Christmas shopping early... And I have done just that!  Two gifts checked off the list =D








#4)  The opportunity to repair someone's very special quilt.  






It has needed lots of help.  This quilt was tied in 6" increments.  I have repaired some tears, I quilted in the sashing strips just to stabilize the quilt and have begun quilting around the stars (I have 10 of the 20 blocks done)  



















And I will need to completely replaced four star points in one block.  This ought to be fun!














#5)  A photo of our grand-daughters having some snuggle time...





Is your life filled with happiness and joy? Remember your life is shaped by your thoughts... think good things and good things will come to you!  

Happy Friday!

Melva


Jump over to Gypsy Moon Quilt Co and see what other people are smiling about.




1 comment:

  1. Your grand daughters are just too precious! And that quilt repair looks like quite an undertaking! Good luck! I have my baby quilt that's needed repairing for a very long time. I'm hoping to get to it one of these days. Hope you're having a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete