Friday, September 16, 2016

Five Things Friday ~ #6

When you do what you love, you can pull back the bed sheets every morning feeling excited about beginning another day, and you'll be filled with a heartfelt joy that is highly contagious. ~ Unknown

It is Friday!  How can it be???  I have been lax in taking photographs but have to also say that I feel I have been fully present in the moments that have made me smile.  So, let me "paint" some pictures for you...

#1) As I worked this week (for those that don't know, I am a receptionist for an oral surgeon that comes to town every other Wednesday so that his very rural patients don't have to travel quite so far) one of the patients has had a very difficult and challenging time recovering from full extractions and faced yet another surgery with great fear and in trepidation.  I watched as the assistant and Dr. prepped her for surgery and comforted her and her daughter.  As she left the office she hugged the Dr. with all the might a 98 lb woman could muster and expressed her gratitude for his patience and compassion with her.  The Dr. and assistant commented that they felt as though they "had found the golden ticket"! 

#2) The smell of freshly cut wood... As Dave worked to create an entry into the crawlspace below our bedroom the smell of freshly cut lumber filled the room.  There is no picture because we had emptied the closet and the room was a complete mess.  But within just a few hours the access hole was completed (as well as the inspection of the space) and everything returned to normal. 

#3)  Some tie-dyed fabric and a peace sign... 

I have appliqued the peace sign onto the dyed fabric and await the variegated thread that I ordered so that I can quilt it.












#4)  Breakfast - Home made granola and bagels (Bagels take a long time to make and use just about every method of cooking possible!  You broil the, boil them and then bake them ~ but they are soooo worth it!)

#5)  No words needed... this just made me smile =D

Come on, join in on the fun!  What made you smile this week???  Leave a comment.  I'd love to hear from you... AND smile with you.  Be sure to stop by for a visit with Amanda at Gypsy Moon Quilt Co. and see what she is smiling about as well.

Blessings,

Melva

Also... In case you missed it... The is my block that I designed for the Cloud 9 Blog Hop that has been going on all week.  Interested in how to make it?  Here is the tutorial


The list of Day 2 participants is here... and Here is the list of the Cloud 9 participants from Day 3.  Check out their blocks and I think you can enter to win a FQ bundle from the hosts (must enter by 9/16 11:59 EDT).  Have fun hopping!

Wednesday, September 14th

Host: Stephanie @Late Night Quilter


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! #5 definitely made me smile too! I love your sweet work story - goes to show how much kindness works both ways! Thanks for sharing your happy things this week! I can't wait to see your quilting on that gorgeous tie-dye! Have a lovely weekend, Melva! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. #5 made me smile as well! I love the smell of fresh cut wood, it reminds me of my Dad working in his wood shop. I can't believe you made bagels... so much work, but I bet they were delicious!

    ReplyDelete