Thursday, December 10, 2015

Blessed to Pieces!

Last weekend I started another Bronco's quilt... As I finished up the top and waited to hear from a friend about whether or not she wanted to purchase it as a gift.

I knew I had an order for a table runner that had been requested.  However, I allowed myself to become distracted and started placing on the design wall a series of tiny (1-1/2 inch squares) in a variety of colors... 




with the intention of someday reaching a final outcome that resembles this...



Isn't this one of the coolest things?!?  For years I have been in awe of the quilts that are "pixelated" photo quilts and those that had the patience to make them. This is probably the closest I will ever come to making one.  

I was having a good time!  I really didn't care that I had another project waiting in the wings...  At that moment, I only wanted to work on the Rooster! It was nearing the end of the day on Sunday and the harsh reality of the situation was that I needed to walk away from my design wall and all those tiny nuggets of fabric and go figure out something for dinner... **hanging head and pouting** I went.

Monday morning arrived and as tempting as it was to get back to the rooster - I mean the little pieces were still laying on my ironing board and what I had started was smack dab in the middle of my design wall!  None the less, I pulled out all of my red scraps and proceeded to make 48 flying geese for the flag table runner that I had an order for...


   And then suddenly the order turned into two!

So there you have it... my week thus far!  It has been quite productive... and fun!

I do love being able to make quilts for others and contribute to a portion of our income.  What a blessing!  A blessing that I do not take lightly...

So, now that those projects are on their way to their happy owners (yes, the Bronco quilt was purchased by a very special lady who is giving it to her sister. As she would describe her... the #1 Bronco fan!)  I can turn back to my rooster.

I am approaching it in much the same way as I did counted cross-stitch.  Doing a section at a time with all the same (or in this case similar) color...

Do you know of a better way???  Let me know.  I'd love to hear from you...

May you be blessed to pieces during this Holy Season.

Melva








No comments:

Post a Comment