Friday, July 24, 2015

Feeding Quilters

Recently I have received an assortment of items... 


Some notions and thread arrived in the mail last week.

I can certainly use the seam binding for the purses that I make and the hem tape/lace and ribbon can be used on the hanky bonnets that I make... Nothing will be wasted!

Yesterday... Ah!  What a wonderful and peaceful day it was!  While I didn't get to spend a great deal of time in my sewing room yesterday, it was a day spent getting to know some new friends, enjoying a massage and then a yummy lunch while catching up with a long-time friend.  

And when it was all done I had unexpectedly inherited a large bin about half full of 1-1/2 inch strips of scraps!



and an assortment of larger cuts... mostly in a new color pallet than I would typically choose for myself (I tend to veer away from the reds/oranges).


Near the end of the conversation I had mentioned that I love a good challenge in taking others UFOs (Un-Finished Objects) and making them a blend of their work and mine... And this is what I got!


I am super excited about this one!

This practice of passing along the no longer wanted UFOs and fabrics is what I refer to as "Feeding the Quilter".  For those of us that love to sew or make quilts often have what could be seen as a real problem...


As much as I loved looking at the variety of fabric styles and prints while dreaming of the quilts that could be made with them I exercised some self-control and packed them away and went back to the Rainbow Broken Star quilt...

It is progressing quite well!


I need one more section of diamonds (near the top) and the remaining setting blocks.  The backing fabric has been ordered and is on its way.  I will then be ready to quilt it... However, my Babylock has not yet received the pulse motor that is required to regulate the tension.  (this makes me quite sad!)

So when I have done all of the piecing I can do on this one with my Brother Boutique I will move on to working on another quilt... (Have I mentioned that I am never comfortable with projects left undone?) I Have a Problem!

Happy sewing!

See what other quilters are talking about at QuilterBlogs.com


No comments:

Post a Comment