Friday, May 22, 2015

Never Waste the Cast Offs!

My recent project has been hand-pieced... Rectangles with half-square triangles - using the stitch and flip method...




The finished blocks are snowflakes for a "Frozen" quilt...  Aren't they cute?!?


But, no fear, those little cast-offs did not go to waste...
  

I used all of the cast-offs to make the May Bitty-block for Quiltmakers Row Quilt!  All I had to do was trim them to size and add a 2-1/2" block for the pad and the 1-1/2 block for the corner... Easy-peasy!  Didn't the tiny Bear Paws blocks turn out cute???

You can find the pattern for these bitty-blocks here... Quiltmaker Bitty Block-Bear Paw

I think I will be spending some time piecing the remaining snowflake pieces this weekend... and catching up on my rest before Mom gets to come home...  What will you be doing?


See what other quilters are talking about... check out Quilter Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment