Thursday, January 29, 2015

I May Need Help...

After having the opportunity to be part of the Quiltmaker test block group a few years ago and having a block accepted into volume 8 of their 100 Blocks publication I have applied several times to be part of their "Scrap Squad".  I, again, applied this year.  While I was not accepted into that group, I was invited to be part of a new group - "Addicted to Scraps". 

It sounds exactly like something I will love being part of!  However, it also sounds as though I have a serious problem and may need an intervention...  I mean "Addicted"?  Really? 


^^ It just feels SO good ^^

Okay maybe I am addicted.  **hanging head, sigh**

Scraps just work for me, though.  I could argue that I don't go out and buy yards and yards of fabric with no project in mind to build up my fabric stash (much, anymore...)  In fact, in the past few years I haven't had any need to do so because I have been blessed to be the recipient of discarded fabric and projects with  GREAT thanks to those that are "enabling" my habit.

But I can also argue that my "habit" has helped to supplement our annual income.  I used to offer daycare for a few babies to get a little extra cash.  And then they all moved away... :'(

So, I guess, I could argue that it is simply a matter of survival. Yeah, yeah, yeah!  That's it.  So, there you go... I don't need an intervention at all!  It is just a way of life for me... us, really.  Fabric and fabric scraps are just a way of life for me.

Move along!  No staring!  All is good here...

I'm going to go hug my fabric now.

See what other quilters are blogging about at

No comments:

Post a Comment