Thursday, November 21, 2013

Something Special

I rarely get more pleasure out of quilting than when making a quilt for someone specific - either for them or for them to give as a gift.  Don't get me wrong, I love quilting even if it is only in hopes that someone will fall in love with it and actually buy it.  But my favorite projects are when the quilt has known "destination."

This week I have had the opportunity to finish a custom T-shirt quilt using their collection of Bronco t-shirts and jerseys. 


Just think of how cozy they will be while watching the Bronco games! 

 
I have also had some fun with the latest quilt on my design wall. 
 
 
This is to be a Christmas gift from 4 daughters and 5 grand-daughters. The quilt will have the grandkids' hand prints, names and birthday dates as well as their photos (the empty spaces are just waiting for photos) and the daughters' pictures. If only I could be a fly on the wall when it is opened! 
 
What a blessing it is to be able to use my skills to help others with gifts of love, blessed from above.


No comments:

Post a Comment