Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Remember me...

The other day I was reading a blog post about "How Will Others Remember Me?"  I began running that thought through my mind and wondered... 

What will others say about me?  "She was a mom... a wife... friend... quilter... singer... secretary...

By my children I'll be remembered as a their mom.  I hope that they remember me as a loving and caring mom who made sacrifices in order to be available to them whenever they needed me... for a scraped knee or a broken heart and to celebrate with them as they achieved goals in their lives, like HS and College graduations, gainful employment and independence.

By my husband, Dave, I will be remembered as his wife, partner, soul-mate, housekeeper, head chef and prayer warrior.

I can only hope and pray that I will be thought of by others as someone who lives life happily.  So, what makes me happy? Not to sound shallow, but quilting makes me happy.  I do so much more while designing and sewing a quilt.  As I plan, select fabric, sew and layout a quilting project I pray... I pray for the recipient of the quilt.  I pray that they will feel the love and prayers stitched into the quilt.  I pray for any personal needs or concerns that I may know of for the person and for their future.

So, in the end, I guess I hope to be remembered as not just a mom, a wife, a friend or a quilter, but as one who lives to glorify God in this patchwork called life.  How do you want to be remembered?

No comments:

Post a Comment